|Top-Of-The-Line Simulation With ProTools™
|What's New In FastLapSim5™:
• Watch Any Vehicle You’ve Designed Run A “Hot Lap” On Any Closed-Course Track!
• Use Any Of 40+ Built-In Tracks Or Build Your Own In Graphic Track Editor™.
• Find Optimum Suspension, Gear Ratios, Aerodynamics, Driveline, Tires, And More!.
• ProTools™ Enhanced Features Include DataZones™, Real-Time Data Display, Spring/Damper Calculator, ProData™ Display, ProPrinting™.
• Build Stock Cars, Street Racers, Race Sedans, Nascar Vehicles, Open-Wheel Racers, And More
• New Main Screen Colors And Graphics, Quick-Access™ Buttons, Precision Data Display With Reticule, 160-Page Color Users Manual, And More!
• Design, Build, And Track-Test Any Vehicle In Seconds
• Pick From List Of World’s Most Well-Known Tracks Or Design Any Closed Course Using Built-In TrackEditor™
• Race On Any Track, With Any Number Of Turns, Ovals, Autocrosses, More.
• Watch Real-Time “Hot Laps” From Overhead Track View; Zoom In To Catch All The Action!
• Display & Print Vehicle Telemetry, Specs, and Overall Performance
• Test Potential Of Any Component Combination
• Test Any Engine Power Curve And/Or Load DynoSim Engine Files
• Evaluate Wide Range Of Suspension Setups; tune each wheel individually
• Build Coil Spring, Strut, Torsion Bar, A-Arm, Or Swing Suspension Systems
• Choose Spring Rates, Dampers, Geometry, Tires, Brakes. Graphs Show Under-, Over-, Critical-Damping.
• Test Drivelines, Suspension, Gear Ratios, Tires, Wheels, Driving Styles, Weather, And Much More!
• Run Back-To-Back Tests And Find The Best Setups
• Optimize Any Vehicle BEFORE You Build It; Save Thousands On Parts!
• Select Parts From Built-In Menus Or Enter Your Own Custom Specs
• Easy-To-Use, DirectClick™ Menu Interface
• Any Vehicle, Weight, Frontal Area, Drag, Lift, Wheelbase, Wings, CG Location
• Any Trans, Manual or Automatic, 1-to-6 Gears, Any Ratios, Front Or Rear Wheel Drive Vehicles
• Use Pop-Up Lap TimeSlip™ For Fast Overview Of Vehicle Performance; Pop-Up SimData™ Window Displays Detail Lap Data
• Advanced Graphics Displays Any Of 70 Telemetry Data Sets Recorded During Vehicle Testing! Playback Lap, Zoom-In, Study Every Detail Of Vehicle Performance.
• Advanced Windows Interface With Easy-To-Use, DirectClick™ Menus And Enhanced Graphics
• Model Front-Or-Rear-Wheel Drive Vehicles
• Build Several Vehicles At Once; Side-By-Side Comparisons Of Up To Four Vehicles Possible
• Accurate, Easy-To-Use, State-Of-The-Art, And Fun!. The FastLapSim Is The Best Road-Course Vehicle Dynamics Simulation You Can Buy!
• Any PC system capable of running Windows95/98/Me/NT/Sim/XP/Vista/Windows 7
• Faster system processor determines simulation results more quickly
• Basic SVGA video capability of 800 x 600 should be used, however higher resolution such as 1024 x 768 or higher is recommended
• A complete install requires approximately 120MBytes of disk space
• CD-ROM disk drive
• Windows-Compatible Printer required for test reports
Brake hard into a turn...then nail the throttle and send the engine through its power curve until it reaches peak engine rpm...once again slam on the brakes and dive into the next turn...now, repeat this one hundred times! Evaluating suspension, tires, gear ratios, camshafts, headers, and the hundreds other components that make up a competitive road-course vehicle is an expensive and never-ending job. FastLapSim5™ lets you accurately simulate vehicle components, try unique combinations, and test the entire race car before you twist a single wrench. And it’s fun, too!
Software Overview: FastLapSim5™ accurately simulates the unimaginably complex interaction of forces, speeds, and accelerations generated by stock, high-performance, or all-out race vehicles. A comprehensive step-by-step analysis of the interrelated physics is performed during every increment of vehicle motion (full analysis is completed 1000 times per second!). FastLapSim5™ derives an optimum driving path, braking points and forces, aerodynamics, throttle positions, transmission gears, shift-up and shift-down points, steering input, driver error, and more! Further analysis determines the best possible elapsed time for any track. Change any component in seconds and run back-to-back tests to “home in” on the ultimate setup for any vehicle and track. Accurate, easy-to-use, state-of-the-art and great fun; FastlapSim is an awesome simulation that, we are sure, will become the most valuable addition to your racer’s toolkit.
User Interface And Features: FastLapSim5™ incorporates ProRacing Sim Software’s new user interface built from the ground-up for Windows95/98/Me and WindowsSim/XP and Vista. Our easy-to-use interface boasts QuickAccess™ buttons and DirectClick™ menus that let you change parts simply by clicking on any component. Nothing could be easier! Analyze vehicle speed, lateral or longitudinal G's, rpms, damper forces, suspension movement, tire loads, and much more. View race results in full-color graphics. All data and graphs can be printed (and previewed) in color on any Windows printer. Even model several vehicles at once; just click on a Vehicle Selection Tab to focus on any vehicle you choose.
FastLapSim5™ also includes a Track Window that provides an “overhead” view of real-time vehicle movement (you'll see understeer, oversteer, and all driver corrections!). Watch as your test vehicle traverses every straightaway and turn and remains fully synchronized with comprehensive telemetry displayed on the results graphs. Zoom-in and out on both Track and Telemetry to uncover every nuance of vehicle performance. FastLapSim5™ provides a real-time G-G Diagram that graphically indicates the sum of all forces acting on the vehicle. Each dot on the G-G Diagram indicates the equivalent force on the vehicle at each 0.001-second throughout the timed lap. A quick glance reveals whether vehicle was able to maintain its maximum G “envelope” throughout the course. Use this data, and the extensive chassis-tuning information provided in the over 160-page, color, Users Manual, to build the ultimate vehicle for any asphalt, closed-course track.
The Track Editor™: You can run any vehicle you design on any of the 40+ built-in tracks (includes many of the World’s best-known race courses). Or design any track you can dream up using a fully-graphic Track Editor™! This powerful “application” built into FastLapSim5™ lets you construct any track with any number of turns, turn radii, straightaway lengths, track widths, and more. Simply place corner points and the Track Editor draws the interconnecting track. Set the corner radii, fine tune the track points, and take your test vehicle for a “spin.” Build any track from a parking-lot autocross to a multi-mile twister! Build an imaginary track, or precisely construct a real-world track for methodical testing. Either way, the Track Editor expands the modeling capabilities of FastLapSim5™ to limits of your imagination!
Keep It Simple: But the incredible modeling power in FastLapSim5™ is only the beginning. ProRacing Sim Software carefully designed this simulation so that it shows you exactly the level of detail you would like to see. Start out with an easy-to-read, Pop-Up Lap-Time Slip™ that offers an instant summary of the performance potential of any vehicle. Or open the SimData™ window for a more in-depth view of vehicle data. Move the reticule on the data display, and the SimData window shows the exact numerical values for over 60 vehicle measurements, including speed, lat and lon Gs, rpm, hp, torque, yaw, pitch, roll, yaw rate, body drag, body lift, front and rear wing lift and drag, throttle, brake, steering input, trans gear, suspension compliance, spring forces, damper velocities, slip angles, and much more! Dig even deeper and zoom in on the data display analyze vehicle movement in minute detail. It’s all up to you.
Compatibility: Since FastLapSim5™ accepts DynoSim5 and DeskTop Dyno5 engine test files (you can also manually enter any engine power curves), it is possible to test various engine components and measure their on-track effects. Imagine changing a camshaft then running a track analysis of the new power curve in just minutes! In the time it takes for you to dream up a new combination, you can perform an "on track" test and analyze the results!
ProTools™: Professional racers and serious enthusiasts need all the modeling power they can get. The ProTools™ included in FastLapSim5™ extend the functionality of many program features. For example, the Real-Time Data Display™ lets you view the simulation actually calculating the best speeds, braking points, etc. DataZones™ extend the most graphing and data analysis possible in the DeskTop program version. ProData™ displays extended vehicle performance data, including individual wheel telemetry, Track Segments that analyze performance through individual sections of the course, a Spring/Damper Calculator™ that helps you pick the optimum shocks and gear ratios. ProPrinting™ delivers a comprehensive test reports that includes your name, address, company logo, glossaries, and all ProData™ values. If you're serious about road racing analysis, consider FastLapSim5™.
Users Manual: FastLapSim5™ is supplied with a full-color, 160-page, on-disk Users Manual (directly accessible from within FastLapSim5™) that details the features of this comprehensive simulation. If you wish, you can download a copy of this manual to preview the capabilities of this software before you buy! Jump to our Support Page to download the FastLapSim5™ manual (and, if necessary, Adobe Reader to view the manual on your PC).
What You Can Do With FastLapSim5:
Design, Build, And Track-Test Any Vehicle In Seconds
Pick From List Of Tracks Or Design Any Closed Course
Design Any Track, Any Number Turns, Ovals, Autocrosses!
Displays Real-Time Runs From Overhead Track View
See The Potential Of Any Component Combination
Displays Full Telemetry Data For Each Run
Enter And Test Any Engine Power Curve
Imports DynoSim5 and DeskTop Dyno5 Engine Files
Evaluate Wide Range Of Suspension Components
Test Drivelines, Gear Ratios, Tires, Wheels, And More!
Evaluate Wing And Body Aerodynamics, Lift And Drag
Display & Print Vehicle Specs, Telemetry, Performance
Run Back-To-Back Tests, Find The Best Combinations
Easy-To-Use, Advanced Data-Entry Interface
ProTools™ Add Even More Professional Features
Automatic Updates Over The Web!
Tune These Key Elements:
Any Closed-Course Track
Any Vehicle, Wheelbase, Weight, Aero Properties
Front/Rear Track Width, CG Location
Front And/Or Rear Wing Length, Width, Angle
Any Engine Power Curve
Load/Modify DynoSim5 or DeskTop Dyno5 Engine Files
1- to 6-Speed Transmissions, Clutch Or Automatic
Any Transmission, Gears Or Rear-Axle Ratios
Front- Or Rear-Wheel Drive
Any Spring Rate, Damper, Tires, Brakes
Brake Bias Adjustable Front/Rear
A-Arms, Struts, Swing, Or Custom Suspension Specs
Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bar Rates With Calculator
Driving Styles, Driver Error Considerations/Limitations
Driver Steering Response Time, Shift Time
Temperature, Humidity, Wind, Elevation
And More! Our Most Powerful Vehicle-Dynamics Road/Track Simulation!
More Information Available (PDF)